Healthy Chocolate Mousse
I had never thought of using tofu in a healthy dessert recipe until we tried this little dish. This chocolate mousse is amazing!
We got this recipe from our friend and amazing chef Dawn who in turn took this from the “Zen Monastery Cookbook“. A superior addition to anyone’s cookbook collection. It can be used as a pie filling although we found it just perfect as a mousse served with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
- 1½ 10.5 - ounce packs firm silken tofu
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup semi or bitter sweet chocolate chips
- Combine tofu, cocoa, maple syrup, vanilla and salt in a food processor until very smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips carefully in a double boiler.
- Add to tofu mixture and process again until smooth. Chill.
Serves 8 — Assuming that you are willing to share!
We are learning that we can create delicious desserts that are good for you and taste great too. One of the places we go for great healthy desserts is The Raw Chef site. He has a whole course just about making healthy raw desserts.
If you are interested in creating wonderful chocolate creations for yourself you need to visit this site also.