https://i0.wp.com/happyhealthylivingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/avocado-feature.jpg?fit=600%2C315 315 600 Blair Sutherland https://happyhealthylivingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/HHL-logo-2017-300x300.jpg Blair Sutherland2014-05-07 08:39:112014-05-07 08:39:11The Amazing Avocado a Healthy Choice
- The avocado is part of the berry family.
- Botanical name – Persea Americana
- Also known as: Alligator pear, vegetable butter, butter pear
- There are over 80 varieties of avocados.
- 90% of US avocados are grown in California
Why are avocados so healthy?
- High in fiber, essential vitamins and minerals
- Lots of potassium, twice the amount of a banana.
- They have very little sodium and are low in fructose
- Provides good monounsaturated fats
- Helps to maintain good cholesterol levels
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Helps you absorb fat soluble nutrients
Let us know if you like the Avocados as much as we do! Leave your comments below.