Simple and Easy Vegan
The best vegan diets are simple and easy. Taking animal product out of your diet reduces your choices but it makes it more simple. What it doesn’t do is reduce is taste and satisfaction. Menu planning is crucial for any diet to remain intact. One of the best things to do when you are eating vegan is to eat with the seasons. This insures that you have the freshest ingredients and the nutrients will be at their highest levels.
Asparagus has been found to help with nutrient absorption in the intestines, has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits, helps with heart health and blood sugar regulation and has some anti-cancer benefits. Read more about asparagus here.
Today we are offering this recipe for vegan asparagus soup.
Vegan Asparagus Soup
- 2 bunches of Asparagus
- 2 stalks of leeks – white and light green parts
- 1 bunch green onion or 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we use vegan infused butter olive oil by Millcreek Olive oil )
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- If you like it hot, ground cayenne pepper adds in that twist!
- 4 Cups filtered water or vegetable broth
- Wash and trim leeks, green onions or shallot. I always choose the skinniest asparagus available, I break them and not cut them, where the stem bends and breaks is where you will get the tastiest part. Set a few tops aside for garnishment
- Sauté the leeks, green onions or shallot, asparagus and olive oil until onions appear clear. About 5 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil then reduce to simmer 20 minutes.
- Let cool to a safe blending temperature.
- Blend in blender till smooth and creamy.
- Serve warm or as a chilled soup
This is a delicious soup and very simple to make. We would love to hear your thoughts on this recipe and others. Please leave your comments below and join the discussion on Facebook
Happy Healthy Eating!