Brown Rice Is Healthy
Brown rice is a great addition to a happy healthy diet. Some of the benefits of brown rice are that it is high in fiber which is good for helping to prevent colon cancer, it has as many antioxidants as some of the popular antioxidant fruits like blueberries and strawberries, it is a slow release sugar which helps stabilize blood sugar levels and it has natural oils that can help normalize cholesterol levels.
I am making veggie burgers and one of the main ingredients is brown rice. When I got to that part of the recipe I almost quit. I have never had good luck making brown rice, it always came out yucky tasting, and either crunchy or like mush. I found this recipe and it is a never fail method I will use from now on.
Best Way To Make Brown Rice
- 3 cups brown rice, medium or short grain
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
Simple is as simple does and the directions are so simple!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the rice into an 9 x 13 baking dish. Bring the water,oil, and salt just to a boil.
- Once the water boils, pour it over the rice, stir to combine, and cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork.
This rice will be a huge hit in any recipe. It makes a big batch so freeze some for later use in individual portions. I was so pleased with the results and I hope someone else will find this helpful.
I know that there are so many benefits of eating brown rice and now I can cook it so that it really tastes good and not just suffer through it. Now brown rice is truly happy healthy eating.
Let us know your thoughts on brown rice in the comments below or on Facebook.