I love curry and found this great curry recipe to share. I was looking for something new for dinner last night and I realized that I had never tried to make a curry dish. I didn’t have any curry powder so I wanted to try to make curry from scratch.
I found this recipe on wikihow and it turned out to be quite tasty.
- Cooking oil
- 1 tbs. coriander
- 1 tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 pinch (no more) hing
- Meat and/or vegetables, as desired
- Heat oil in a pan until it is hot but before it is smoking.
- Add the coriander, cumin, chili powder, cardamom, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and hing to the oil.
- Saute some ginger, onions, and garlic in the hot oil.
- From there, add whatever you want to eat and cook it, whether it's chicken, beef, or vegetables.
I added some zucchini, green pepper and mushrooms and served it over rice.
It made my head sweat but I’m a pale man of Scottish descent so it was likely mild for the Indian curry fans.