https://i2.wp.com/happyhealthylivingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/carrot-soup.jpg?fit=600%2C315 315 600 Ginger Durett http://happyhealthylivingllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/HHL-logo-2017-300x300.jpg Ginger Durett2015-02-24 15:08:082017-10-22 13:05:01Rich Creamy Carrot Soup
This Vegan soup recipe is so creamy you won’t believe not one drop of cream is used making this! Choosing more vegan recipes in 2015 has kept me out of dairy land and this one makes me feel like I’m not missing a thing!
Rich Creamy Carrot Soup
Author: Ginger Durett
Recipe type: Vegan Soup
Creamy Carrot Soup
- 3 large carrots peeled
- 1 sweet potato peeled
- 2 red potatoes peeled
- 5 stalks celery hearts
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 2 -2½ cups vegetable broth
- Avocado for garnish
- Chop carrots , sweet potato ,red potatoes ,celery, and onion in bite sizes
- mince garlic
- grate fresh ginger
- In large saute pan or pot place vegetables and oil and saute for 10 minutes on medium heat
- add the 2 cups of vegetable broth and salt, bring to a simmering boil and reduce heat to medium low
- simmer till vegetables are tender about 15 minutes
- let cool about 15-20 minutes before processing as it can be dangerous to blend hot liquids! I found out the hard way when I was blending a squash soup once,ouch!
- Process in blender or food processor till creamy, add extra vegetable broth for desired consistency
- depending on vegetables water content. I almost always add another ½ cup in the winter months when veggies are not as fresh.
- You can leave it as my girls call it "baby food" consistency like in my pictures and garnish with avocado, salt and pepper to taste. I love it a bit thicker because it feels a little more substantial for a main course, and is very filling too!